Universally hailed as one of the most iconic records in rock 'n' roll history, Paul Simon's vibrant 1986 opus Graceland is presented in a new light with new artist-approved remixes of all eleven original tracks (plus a second mix of "Homeless") in a wide array of styles, spanning deep house, drum & bass, techno and more. The remixers on this project, including Paul Oakenfold, Groove Armada, MK, Thievery Corporation, Joris Voorn, Sharam, Joyce Muniz and executive producer and album curator, The Duke of New York, represent some of the greatest dance remix talent the world over.
"What do you say when someone asks you to remix a classic? Well usually, No!," says Groove Armada's Andy Cato. "It's a rule we've managed to follow for 20 years. Until we got a call about remixing a track from Graceland. Here was an album which had opened our ears to a new world of sound. In ["You Can Call Me Al"] was a horn riff which we'd been dropping in our sets ever since we tried it at Fais Do-Do's Ballroom in LA back in 1998 and it created an electric moment of dancefloor unity. So the remix wrote itself and our ace-in-the-pack Horn Drop is now public property."
"To say it was an honor to mix one of Paul Simon 's tracks is an understatement," adds Richy Ahmed, referring to his remix of the song "The Boy In The Bubble." "It's one of my favorite tracks ever."
Joris Voorn - Homeless
2. Joyce Muniz - Gumboots
3. Sharam - I Know What I Know
4. Paul Oakenfold - Crazy Love, Vol. II
5. Richy Ahmed - The Boy In The Bubble
6. Groove Armada - You Can Call Me Al
7. Rich Pinder & Djoko - Under African Skies
8. MK with KC Lights - Graceland
9. Gui Boratto - That Was Your Mother
10. Thievery Corporation - Diamonds On The Soles Of Here Shoes
11. Photek - All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints
12. Joris Voorn - Homeless (Kitchen Table Mix)