Billy Idol's 1980's remix collection, Vital Idol, gets a modern-day upgrade with Vital Idol: Revitalized. More than 30 years after the groundbreaking compilation cemented the vibrancy of the dance-rock remix genre in the second half of the 1980's, Idol's Revitalized collection features 11 brand-new remixes of his most classic and enduring hits. Lending their hands to the proceedings are electronic dance luminaries Moby, The Crystal Method and Paul Oakenfold as well as current innovators Tropkillaz, Shiba San, Juan Maclean, CRAY and RAC.
Vital Idol, initially released in Britain in 1985 and subsequently issued in the United States in 1987, was the first remix record released by a rock superstar. Besides being certified platinum, Vital Idol was accompanied by a version of "Mony Mony" that reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart, as well as hitting the Top 10 on the U.K. Singles chart.
Highlights found within the grooves of Revitalized include The Crystal Method's percussive, explosive stab at "Rebel Yell," CRAY's bass-and-keyboard-blessed "White Wedding," Tropkillaz's trop-house framing of "Eyes Without A Face," St. Francis Hotel's shimmering stop/start caress of "Flesh For Fantasy," and RAC's retro-harmonic, fist-pumping "Dancing With Myself."
1. White Wedding (CRAY Remix)
2. Dancing With Myself (RAC Remix)
3. Eyes Without A Face (Tropkillaz Remix)
4. Rebel Yell (The Crystal Method Remix)
5. (Do Not) Stand In The Shadows (Moby Remix)
6. Flesh For Fantasy (St. Francis Hotel Remix)
7. Catch My Fall (Juan Maclean Remix)
8. One Breath Away (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
9. To Be A Lover (DJDS Remix)
10. Don't Need A Gun (Shiba San Remix)
11. Hot In The City (Shotgun Mike Remix)